Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Monday, August 27, 2012

The Ultimate Nutella Martini




Umm, literally as you are drinking it strands of Nutella float into your mouth!!


So, last week, I introduced my you to Rachel Thompson, author of A Walk in the Snark and The Mancode: Exposed, and to her "namesake" drink THE RACHEL(recipe). Now, what I didn't mention is that Rachel is a Nutella nut...she loves the stuff. When I contacted her about the tini I had developed in her honor, one of the first things she asked me was if it had Nutella in it. So, in the ways that she always seems to do, Rachel got me thinking. I researched a number of different recipes...a couple that even had milk in them...just didn't tickle my fancy, so I set out to concocting.

This thing is AWESOME! It has a rimmer and "splashes" inside of the tini glass with melted Nutella. Imagine having a Nutella flavored tini that you are sipping off a Nutella rimmer. Oh, Yummers!! So, a big thanks and shout out to Rachel for giving me wonderful directions to head in...not only in reading but of the alcohol variety as well!

On that note...here we go!

Ingredients:

1.5 T. Nutella, melted
1.5 oz Vanilla Vodka
1 oz Coffee Liqueur
1 oz Frangelico Liqueur
1 oz Cream de Cacao
1.5 oz Chocolate or White Chocolate Liqueur (Godiva)
Canned Whipped Cream


Directions:

1) Melt 1.5 T. of Nutella on a plate. This doesn't take long, so watch it carefully!

2) Take a well chilled tini glass from the freezer and rim the glass in the melted Nutella. Then, using your spoon/fork, "splash" the inside of the tini glass with the Nutella. Return glass to freezer.

3) In a well chilled shaker, fill with ice and place liqueurs inside the shaker. Shake for no less than 60 seconds.

4) Strain into tini glass and top with canned whip cream. "Splash" more melted Nutella over the top of the drink. Serve immediately. ENJOY!




No comments:

Post a Comment