Cookbook Reviews

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Pub and Grub Forum Logo

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Crock Pot Mexican Pot Roast



I love Mexican food so I tend to zero in on them when I come across them. I had found a recipe on Pinterest for beef carnitas and set out to make them. I decided that I liked keeping the meet whole versus shredding it to make into the carnitas. Served over either yellow or Mexican rice, this recipe *POPS*. I served with corn on the cob...so yummy!

Ingredients:

1 Onion, quartered
2 Tomatoes, seeded and quartered
2 t. jarred garlic
3 pounds chuck roast
4 ounces can diced green chilies
1 T. chili powder
2 t. cumin
1 t. adobo seasoning, see my favorite seasonings
1 t. oregano
1 t. salt
½ t. pepper
1/2 cup beef broth

Directions:

1) Brown roast in 1 T. olive oil and set aside.
2) Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and place in a 6qt crock pot.
3) Place roast on top of liquid.
4) Cook on low for 10 hours. Serve on yellow or Mexican rice (see side dishes).

No comments:

Post a Comment